A Neighbourhood Plan enables members of a local community to create planning policies for the neighbourhood in which they live. It is written and developed by a community, usually led by a town or parish council. Once a neighbourhood plan is made and adopted, its policies will form part of the planning policies Cannock Chase District Council must apply when deciding on planning applications for Cannock Wood.
Cannock Wood Parish Council is responsible for neighbourhood planning but a Neighbourhood Plan can’t be created without volunteers coming forward to assist with community engagement and evidence gathering. This is vital so that our Neighbourhood Plan is based only on the unique characteristics of Cannock Wood, including being wholly within the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Progress so far:
- Parish designated Neighbourhood Plan area at the request of the Parish Council (June 2019)
- Working Group set up made up of volunteers from the community (October 2021)
- Survey prepared, printed and distributed including consultation on draft Vision (November 2021)
- Grant funding secured (November 2021)
- Consultant appointed to provide specialist advice and research and full day visit to Cannock Wood (November 2021)
- Communications strategy agreed involving website, noticeboard, newsletter, Nextdoor (November 2021)
- Detailed analysis of survey results including every comment made and published (December 2020). Results relevant to local organisations provided to them in bespoke documents between December 2021 and February 2022.
- Draft Objectives formulated and a second major document with feedback on the Survey Results and the Draft Objectives distributed to every household (February 2022)
- Drop-in event at Village Hall offered residents the opportunity to have a chat about the Neighbourhood Plan, ask any questions and provide feedback (February 2022)
- Draft Policies developed based on the Vision and draft Objectives, comments received and a substantial Evidence Base (February and March 2022).
- Evidence gathering on-going from October 2021 to May 2022, both from pre-existing sources and reports commissioned for the Neighbourhood Plan including a Design Code and Character Assessment from our consultant, Housing Needs Assessment from AECOM and Ecological and Nature Sites reports from Staffordshire Wildlife Trust.
- Informal policy consultation and subsequent adjustments to policy wording based on comments received (March and April 2022)
- Screening Report prepared by our consultant for Strategic Environment and Habitat Regulations Assessment purposes with formal consultation period (March to May 2022)
- Neighbourhood Plan document compiled, referenced, illustrated, proof-read and a second more accessible summary document also prepared (March to May 2022)
- Pre-submission consultation with a closing date of 11th July 2022 (May to July 2022)
The Neighbourhood Plan is being prepared for Cannock Wood residents by Cannock Wood residents. Everyone is giving their time voluntarily to be part of the Working Group the Parish Council has set up. We have all offered to help because we all care about the village.
|Steve Wroe||Parish Councillor|
|Sue Janes||Parish Councillor|
|Avril Green||Parish Councillor|
There is a register of interests for members of the Working Group and this is held by the Parish Clerk.
- Draft minutes of CWNP Working Group meeting 28.4.22
- Minutes of CWNP Working Group meeting 24.3.22
- Minutes of Neighbourhood Working Group meeting 02.03.22
- Minutes of Neighbourhood Plan Working Group meeting 13.01.22_
- Minutes of Neighbourhood Plan Working group 07.12.21
- Minutes of Neighbourhood Plan Working Group 11.11.21
- Minutes of Neighbourhood Plan Working Group Meeting 25.10.21
- Minutes of Neighbourhood Plan Working Group Meeting 11.10.21
- Working Group Terms of Reference NHP 11.11.21
As the Neighbourhood Plan Working Group create working documents and publish reports, relevant items will be linked in here so that residents are able to review and contribute to the process.